Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Shopping Around

An earlier start than usual
Becca and I got a really early start this morning for several reasons:  1) to beat the heat and 2) so I could get back in time for my weekly shopping jaunt to Target and Albertsons.  We bumped into our buddy Jimmy, but could only spend a few minutes chatting with him.  Meteorologists had predicted milder winds today and tomorrow, but now--in the early afternoon--it's blowing pretty hard.
Down the single-track

Still no buds on this Nipple Beehive Cactus

Blazing the trail

Soaptree Yucca and the Organ Mountains

Still haven't ID'd this

New Mexico Evening Primrose

Soaptree Yuccas in bloom

Soaptree Yuccas are flowering all over the northern Chihuahuan Desert

In the shade of a large Ocotillo

White-thorn Acacia

This and the next two:  Cholla flowers in our yard



1 comment:

Dr. K said...

We're lucky that we have so many beautiful purple/pink cholla blooms in our yard this year.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...