Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, October 7, 2019

A Sunset Side Monday

This and the next:  at Becca's favorite sandy resting spot
Hit the trail west of Tortugas Mountain at about 7:20 this morning and did a long hike, part of it bushwhacking through the outback.  Saw Barry and Renee far to the west of me walking along one of the dirt roads; he and I waved to each other.

Got some fairly decent photos of a tiny bird flitting around inside a large Ocotillo, but I'm not sure I've ID'd it correctly as a Bell's Vireo.  After 30 minutes of research I grew tired of reading about Vireos.

Near the final leg of my trek I encountered my friend Jimmy who was just starting out.  We talked for a good long while on numerous topics before heading separate ways.  It was much cooler in the desert this morning--56F when I began my outing.

Narrow arroyo running through dense desert foilage

This and the next 3:  Bell's Vireo?




This and the next:  west of Tortugas, northwest of the Organs


This and the next 3:  flank of Tortugas and the Organ Mountains




Contrail from a launch at White Sands Missile Range

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Beautiful photos of the clouds lingering over the mountains.

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...