Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Back Down Low

Clouds at start
My early morning hike west of Tortugas Mountain was made interesting by three people and a dog:  Renee and Rayo (canine), Jimmy and Raymond.  I got to pet Rayo while chatting with Renee briefly.  After they left to finish their trek I bumped into my pal Jimmy on the mountain road.  He and I were talking when our friend Raymond approached.  Raymond couldn't talk, though, because he was pressed for time.

Jimmy and I palavered for quite a spell during which he informed me that he'd already bought my Kindle ebook before I had a chance to send him a link to it on Amazon.  That was really a kind gesture, but I felt guilty he had to pay for it.  If he decides to read the novel I hope he'll feel as if he got his money's worth.

After I returned home I had to leave for the weekly shopping trip to Target and Albertsons, a chore I didn't seem to mind too much today.  Give it a week, though, and I'll be griping about having to do it again.

Shadow of Tortugas

Probably contrails

Black-tailed Jackrabbit

Trail to the road

Deep gully on Tortugas's west side

Outer loop road

House Finch

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Nice photo of the black-tailed jackrabbit that is lit up by the early morning light.

Rim Trail Trek

Just starting off on Rim Trail 105 this morning We decided to drive to Sunspot and hike the Rim Trail which starts near the Apache Point tur...