Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, October 14, 2019

Bushwhack or Bust

Arroyo just west of the mountain
It was more bust this morning as I did little bushwhacking, instead mostly sticking to established trails and dirt roads.  When I did bushwhack I followed familiar animal trails that led to familiar places.  I saw a few other outdoor enthusiasts in the desert, even greeting a couple, but mostly it seemed as if I had the whole place to myself.

There were rabbits, of course, and hares (aka "jackrabbits"), and even one Ladder-backed Woodpecker who wouldn't sit still long enough for me to get a decent photo.  I heard a few Roadrunners making their odd trilling sounds, but never caught a glimpse of any.

The trek was pretty good:  got out of the house and got some exercise.  What more can be said?
Morning clouds (west)

Picacho Peak and environs

Doña Ana Mountains

Heavy cloud cover to the south

Some patches of blue

Road around Tortugas

This and the next:  arroyo further west of the mountain


Tortugas and the Organs

Soaptree

The road to Tellbrook

Peaceful desert scene

Into the hills west of the mountain

Small forest of Soaptree Yuccas

This and the next 2:  sun spotlighting parts of the Organ Mountains



Lady Ana Mountains

Marigolds and remnants of Marigolds

Just about to head back up the mountain

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Those are gorgeous photos of the morning clouds and sky, Packrat. So beautiful.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...