Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Back on Schedule

This and all uncaptioned that follow:  slew of sky photos
Got an early start on my hike west of Tortugas Mountain this morning, and it wasn't until I had crossed the upper foothills trail to the crest of the western flank that I got into the sun.  The humidity was relatively high, and the forecast calls for rain this afternoon.

Although I encountered a few people out there--including one woman mountain biker I see quite often--I didn't bump into anyone I know, so no time spent chatting in the desert today.  Just as well because I had to return home, shower, and head out to Target and Albertsons for the weekly restocking trip.

Since I've been home it's sprinkled lightly several times, but nothing of note.  Perhaps we'll get more later in the day.
Picacho Peak








Finally in the sunlight

Bishop Cap on the horizon

West of Tortugas

Looking south

Ocotillos

Arroyo just west of the mountain

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Amazing photos of the sky and clouds. Beautiful!

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...