Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Chilly not Cold

First 3:  Soaptree Yuccas
All you need to know about how this morning's hike went:  Willow leapt out of the CR-V when I opened the rear door and ran along the upper flatland dirt road toward Tellbrook Road, her nose glued to the ground on a scent.  She did not listen when I called her back, and a moment later she didn't listen again as she ran past me heading down LDR-A.

I had to get Frio out of our vehicle and walk in the direction Willow had gone before she came back.  I hooked her up to her lead and kept her on a very short length for the entire trek.  Boy was I pissed at her, and she knew it.  Whether that will change her behavior remains to be seen.



This & next:  Organ Mountains


Tree

Two arroyos converged at a Soaptree Yucca

This & next:  same Soaptree Yucca


Ridge west of the Organs

Frio and Willow

This & next:  Soaptree Yucca and its leaves


Mesquite beans

Soaptree and the Organs

Last 2:  Willow and Frio


 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the photo of the Mesquite beans.

Rim Trail Trek

Just starting off on Rim Trail 105 this morning We decided to drive to Sunspot and hike the Rim Trail which starts near the Apache Point tur...