Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Back in the Saddle Again

Trail straight up the west face of Tortugas Mountain
The "saddle" I refer to in the post title is Facebook.  After years of carefree absence I've opened an account again.  Dr. K and some friends suggested I do so in order to garner more support for my book on the Kindle Scout website.  It's a good idea, yes, if I was any good at promoting myself, but I'm crap at it; and, to be honest, Facebook gives me agita.  Still, I'm trying to cope, and I've already been friended by kind-hearted friends of friends.  I suppose if Amazon decides to publish my book I'll have to stay on Facebook.  What's next--Twitter?
View to the west

Heading for the high desert

Here

Along this trail

Now we're descending to the west

The mountain called Pichacho (4959 feet)

Velvety Nerisyrenia (mustard family)

Right profile

Left

Across the vast Chihuahuan Desert to the Organ Mountains

The desert is more populated with plant life than some people think

Trailing Four O'Clock

A type of Skipper

Computer-enhanced image

Yellow butterflies were all over these tiny flowers (haven't IDd it yet)

Getting sunny

Just west of the Tortoise

Roadrunner running right at us

Pulls up to decide what to do

Runs right past us

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

Great action shots of the roadrunner.

Scott said...

REALLY good shots of the roadrunner! I'm still holding off on a Twitter account, and I check my Facebook page about one a month. I'm a troglodyte compared to my colleagues.

packrat said...

Thanks, Scott. Yeah, I don't know if I can be convinced to join Twitter. If we'd have been born three or four decades later we'd be social-media whizzes now.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...