Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, August 21, 2015

Roxie's Mother

Heading away from the Tortoise
Roxie's mother drove her gray Ford pickup truck into the Sunset Parking area just as Becca and I were exiting our car.  Roxie and her siblings had their bark switches stuck in the "on" position as they rode in the bed of the pickup.  Later we saw that Roxie's mother and her canine crew were following us up the trail alongside the major arroyo just west of Tortugas Mountain.  When they came to the road leading to the mountaintop Roxie's mother and the crew headed up that way, Roxie's mother barking out the same megaphone-mouth command over and over again:  "Roxie, no!  Roxie, no!  Roxie, no!"  Had I been closer to them I'm sure I would have had something to say to Roxie's mother, though I'm not sure I'd have been able successfully to hide my belligerent attitude.
Funny face

Ocotillo in sunlight

Far west of the Tortoise

Heading back in

One with leaves, one nearly without

Good place to spend the night

Seeing-eye rock

Scott's Oriole

Rear view

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

That seeing-eye rock is very funny, Packrat.

Views from the Grand View

Sacramentos We did the Grand View Trail this morning, surprised that nobody else was there on a Sunday morning.  We hiked the entire first l...