Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Back Up at Half Power

Prickly Pears:  some ripe, some not
I thought I'd be doing my aching body a favor by taking Becca on a moderately-long trek this morning, but the temperature was pretty high out there, and by the time we finished up I felt as if I'd been run over by several dune buggies during the hike.  Returning home after our adventure I showered and went back to bed where I proceeded to lie down for several hours while coughing my head off.  Frankly, with my head off, I'm not even sure how I'm typing these words now.
One of the Chihuahuan Desert's prettiest birds:  Scott's Oriole



Two-shadow illusion

Nipple Beehive Cactus blooming for the fourth time

Gorgeous, delictate flowers for a cactus

From here to the Organs

My favorite Ocotillo forest

Mas Ocotillos

Becca the explorer

2 comments:

Dr. K said...

I really like the 3 photos of the Scott's Oriole. I'm glad you were still able to take photos despite feeling rotten.

Scott said...

I love the images of "my namesake" oriole, Packrat! Shouldn't you be paying attention to your body and taking it easy for a while? (Just like a "guy"!)

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...