Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, January 30, 2017

Low Sixties

Becca is eager to get started
When Becca and I started off this morning I thought I was seriously under-dressed; the wind was blowing strongly, and my windbreaker seemed insufficient.  But as soon as we broke into the sunshine the wind died and the temperature rose.  Before we'd even hiked half of the way out I had to take the jacket off.  We ran into JC and Olivia on our way back in, and we hiked with them for a good portion of their trek.  We're supposed to warm to just above 60F this afternoon, making for a very pleasant day in the northern Chihuahuan Desert.
Long view across the Mesilla Valley

Animal tracks in an arroyo

Black-throated Sparrow in an Ocotillo

Tortugas Mountain (left) and the Organ Mountains

Torrey Yucca crown

Stand of Torrey Yuccas

Get a grip

Organ Mountains

Which of these doesn't belong?

Cactus Wren in an Ocotillo tangle

Part of the city of Las Cruces and Picacho Peak

Desert trekkers JC and Olivia

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the photo captioned "Which of these doesn't belong?" It took me a moment to figure it out.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...