Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Midweek Trek

Becca near a 3 1/2-foot Barrel Cactus
Becca and I did an extra-long hike west of Tortugas Mountain this morning, stopping to take many photos and four or five videos.  I've been toying with the idea of uploading videos to YouTube every once in a while, segments to be called "The Desert Today."  That's the title I've used to tweet photos on Twitter for quite a while now.  We ran into JC and Olivia on our way back and walked with them on the final leg of our trek.  We hadn't seen them in some time, so it was nice catching up.
Lots of air travel today

Black-throated Sparrow on an Ocotillo branch

Black-throated Sparrow

Becca on break in arroyo sand

Those contrails always make interesting patterns

Contrails giving depth perspective

Odd-looking Soaptree Yucca

Scratching the sky

I'm guessing that many of those flights are Dallas to L.A.

Organ Mountains

The long-distance stare

Marking what spot?

8' Torrey Yucca

Wind blurring contrails into clouds

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the photo of the black-throated sparrow on the ocotillo branch that I've made it my desktop photo on my laptop. It's a beautiful image.

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...