Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Running Late

Backlighting
Ever had one of those days when you get off-schedule and end up doing things much later than usual?  Well, that was my day so far; I got out of synch with my routine and got at least an hour behind.  As a result I didn't eat lunch until 1:10 p.m.; it's now 3:25 p.m. and I'm just getting around to posting this blog.  On the up side, Becca and I had a nice hike in the warm desert, ran into our buddy Jimmy and our pals JC and Olivia.  All were well and out enjoying the sunshine on a pleasant Chihuahuan Desert morn.
Focusing on clouds today I guess

Clouds and a contrail

White-winged Dove on a yucca

Closer look at the dove

Trail to the sun

Becca is always spotting something of note

Sourpuss

Rocky west side of Tortugas Mountain

Sun-bleached desert

Sandy desert west of the mountain

Just making a point

Cactus Wrens in a yucca

Chihuahuan Desert morning sky

Squiggly cloud

Interesting collection of rocks

Becca may be relaxing, but she's keeping her eyes peeled

Anybody coming over that-a-way?

We're slated to be 65 degrees Fahrenheit today (January 10th)

Abundant sunshine

Soaptree Yuccas, Torrey Yuccas and Ocotillos

Rocky respite

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the pinkish tint of those early morning clouds.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...