Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Replenishment

Up in the high foothills
I wish I meant by the blog post title the act of recharging; what I'm referring to instead was the resupplying of the ranch I had to do today.  That involved shopping at both Target and Albertsons.  I'm not sure why, but each store was jam-packed with shoppers and their kids (school kids have the rest of the week off, I guess).  The crowds made me wish I was back out in the high desert hiking with my favorite everyday hiking companion Becca.  She never has to do the shopping.  Imagine, if she did, what kind of groceries she'd bring back from the store.
Handle with care

Bosom buddies without the bosoms

West of Tortugas

All things being equal

Banana Yucca

Soaptree Yucca

Torrey Yucca

Marmaduke?

Doña Ana Mountains

Doña Ana Mountains

A "wash" (aka "arroyo")

Last fruit on this Barrel Cactus

Desert dog

Take a bow

Yucca and the Organs (sung to the tune of "Benny and the Jets")

I took this at full 65X zoom handheld (I'm impressed)

High grassland

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

We have other barrel cacti with bright yellow fruit in this area--seems surprising at this time of year, but also appreciated.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...