Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Thinking Video

Chihuahuan Desert sunrise
I've been taking a lot of videos with my new Canon camera on our hikes, and I've been considering whether or not to splice some together and upload the results to YouTube under the "The Desert Today" heading.  One drawback:  I hate to hear my voice and to see my mournful mug.  Some of the videos I've made, especially those featuring the always-photogenic Becca, have come out pretty nice.  I'm leaning "yes," but I'll see how I feel when I get a final product together.
Interesting sky over Tortugas Mountain

Getting "popcorny"

High winds aloft streaming clouds

Heading to the saddle

Fab sky

White-crowned Sparrow

Could be an immature White-crowned Sparrow

Exploring an arroyo west of Tortugas

Pointing west in the arroyo

On the road around the mountain

The mountains

Pause for the cause

The sand is still a bit damp here

Torrey Yucca and Ocotillo

More distant look at the yucca and Ocotillo

Bad choice for a brassiere

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I guess I really like birds because I'm so drawn to the photos of birds that you create. I love the two photos of the sparrows on today's post.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...