Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, May 5, 2023

Lovely Morning

New Soaptree Yucca stalk
The temperature was in the mid-50s when Dr. K, Willow, Frio and I set off this morning; a cool breeze made conditions extraordinarily pleasant.  In fact, I said to Dr. K as we descended LDR-A arroyo, "I wish it could be like this every day."  She didn't agree wholeheartedly, though, because she thought the breeze felt a bit nippy.

Heelers were particularly well behaved today exhibiting no urge to chase anything as they ambled off-lead down the middle branch arroyo and up the right branch.

I saw several Pyrrhuloxias while we were out there, but I couldn't get a decent photo of any.  That's always a disappointment.

Prickly situation

This & next:  Tortugas and the Organs


A single Soaptree Yucca

Creosote and Ocotillo

Checkered White (Pontia protodice)

Frio and Willow

Goldenrod Crab Spider on Blackfoot Daisy twin

Soaptree Yucca flower

Turkey Vulture

Last 2:  Prickly Pear Cactus flowers


 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Nice photos of the Prickly Pear flowers. I can't wait for more to bloom.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...