Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Cooler Day

Prickly Pear buds
Dr. K, Willow, Frio and I did our usual hike this morning; we saw nobody out there.

When we got home we were getting ready to wait for a worker from Sun City Plumbing & Heating to show up between 10:30 and 11:30 to get our evaporative cooler going.  He pulled into our driveway shortly after we got home.  To be fair he called and left a message that his first job had been cancelled, but I didn't have his phone number in my list of contacts.  Sun City texted me with a photo of him shortly after he'd arrived saying he was on his way.

He (Luis) already had to make a run to the warehouse to pick up new cooler pads which needed replacing; I wasn't surprised because I knew the old ones were in pretty bad shape.  Hopefully the rest of the job won't take too long and we'll have cool air for this afternoon when the temperature is supposed to rise to 93F.

Soaptree Yucca

This & next:  Willow and Frio


The rest:  Soaptree Yucca blossoms





 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like that last image of the Soaptree Yucca blooms.

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...