Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Soaptrees Everywhere

1st 3:  Soaptree Yuccas in flower
A huge storm last night left the atmosphere in the desert this morning almost completely saturated with moisture. I couldn't tell if the high humidity bothered Willow and Frio, but it sure was stifling for me.

I saw three pairs of woman/man hikers not long after starting off today, but none of them had dogs.  The critters we saw that were of most interest to me were the House Finches who were making a meal of Soaptree Yucca flowers way up in Right Branch Arroyo.

On the way home I drove over to our local Circle K to fuel the CR-V.  I swear it was the slowest gas pump I've ever used in my life.



Pretty decent camouflage

Wils and Frio

Hill southwest of the right branch arroyo

Last 3:  House Finches feasting on Soaptree Yucca flowers



 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Lovely photos of the House Finches on the Yucca flowers.

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...