Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Even Better Air

This & the next:  same Hedgehog Cactus
On the way down LDR-A I told Willow and Frio that if they kept pulling I wasn't willing to hike all the way to Second Arroyo with them; they didn't care, so I took them on a bushwhack through the desert, crisscrossing through a web of small arroyos until we found an appropriately shady spot to rest.

We all had a drink, and then they lay in the shadow of some mesquites while I took a few photos.  Afterward we bushwhacked west across the desert back to LDR, which we followed into the upper flatland.

Nearing Tellbrook Arroyo on LDR-A were the woman and man we've run into a few times of late; I hollered a greeting while waving to them.  The man waved back.  Both of the Heelers were excited by the interaction and wanted to head over to the hikers to say hello.  I nixed that idea.


This & the next:  same Soaptree Yucca


Frio and Willow

This & the next:  Willow and Frio


The area we explored

Frio and Willow on break

Last 2:  a large Barrel Cactus


 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like that close-up of the Soaptree Yucca. And of course I always love to see photos of Frio and Willow.

Rim Trail Trek

Just starting off on Rim Trail 105 this morning We decided to drive to Sunspot and hike the Rim Trail which starts near the Apache Point tur...