Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, November 12, 2012

Changeover

Our evaporative cooler (aka "swamp cooler")
After last night's low of 23 F. it was time to switch over from the evaporative cooler to the furnace.  It entails a trip to the roof to disconnect and drain the cooler, remove the fan belt and detach the water line and bleeder line.  Then, in the house, vacuum-clean the furnace, put in a new filter, plug the furnace in and turn on the gas.  After letting it run for a few hours I checked our two carbon monoxide monitors.  They look good, but I'll double-check by having a worker from the gas company come out and inspect for CO.  Becca slept through it all.
Draining the cooler reservoir of water

Snoozing in the patio enclosure

Across the backyard toward Tortugas and the Organ Mountains

5 comments:

Dr. K said...

Nice views from the roof, Packrat.

Caroline said...

I remember helping to do this a couple of years ago....

Scott said...

23 degrees! Man, we're only supposed to get down to 30 here tonight. I thought I lived in the north!

packrat said...

Yes, Caroline, I just reminded Dr. K yesterday that you'd helped me do this one year.

packrat said...

It's a dry cold, Scott.

:)

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...