Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, November 2, 2012

Week's End

Nobody's cabin
Another spring-like day in early November.  Becca and I did a long hike west of Tortugas Mountain, seeing only one other person in the distant outback.  One person too many, in my opinion.  Hey, we want the entire Chihuahuan Desert all to ourselves.  Native critters are welcomed, though.  We ran into Greg about a mile from the trailhead, and he called Becca "Berta" today.  When he heard me call her to stay, he corrected himself and called her "Becca."  Then he wondered if we'd named her after the housekeeper in "Two-and-a-Half Men."  :)
West of Tortugas

Have a seat

Becca on the outer loop road

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

I've always wondered what that cabin was used for.

Scott said...

Packrat: I was without power (and water and heat) for 2-1/2 days from Hurricane Sandy and, needless to say, have a lot of catching up to do, including enjoying your posts. In the meantime, I'm wondering how many of the myriad (and very much appreciated) linemen from out of town who are swarming the Mid-Atlantic (including my neighborhood) were trained near Tortugas!

packrat said...

Glad to hear from you, Scott, and sorry to learn of your inconveniences. I'd be willing to bet some of those linemen trained near Tortugas; I've heard that electrical workers from El Paso have already headed off for the East Coast. Wishing you and yours all the best.

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...