Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Yesterday and Today

Straight shot into the lower desert
I forgot to post yesterday because of other obligations, and I only had one photo from our hike anyway.  I didn't do much better on our hike today.  Becca and I did a long trek west of Tortoise Mountain, however, and we enjoyed the unseasonably high temperatures.  When we were finishing up we ran into Greg over by the Sunset Parking area.  He greeted "Berta" and scratched her head.  Then we spent a few minutes discussing our dysfunctional federal government, arriving at no conclusions about how to fix things.
Wooden pallets piled up for a bonfire

Any treats for me?

Tortugas Mountain from a western arroyo

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

I love the warm, dry weather.

Scott said...

What's with the bonfire out in the middle of "nowhere"? Our local high school used to have a ritual pallet conflagration for homecoming, but air pollution regulations--and a huge scorched spot on the school's lawn--put the kibosh on the event a few years ago, and it's never been resurrected.

packrat said...

Scott:

I always assumed that the local university, New Mexico State, allowed students to have a bonfire way out there once a year to celebrate homecoming. But homecoming has come and gone, so I'm not sure what they're doing out there. It may be that the university is simply using the area to burn pallets.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...