Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pitbull Blues

A healthy Coyote on Tortugas's western flank
Just after Becca and I spotted the Trickster (Coyote) this morning we saw a Pitbull about fifty yards distant who was watching our movements carefully.  He was obviously lost.  I tried to call him to us--whistling softly and making "here pooch" clicking sounds--but he wouldn't respond.  When we  approached him he got up and left.  Shortly thereafter we ran into a woman with her German Shepherd, and when I asked if it was her Pitbull, she said, "No, but he followed us for awhile.  I hope they find him--he seems like a nice dog."
The same representative of Canis latrans looking for breakfast

Token landscape image

Domestic canid

Mule Deer track (appropriate for Valentine's Day)

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

I hope that dog found its way home. Nice photos of the trickster.

Scott said...

I second Dr. K's comments, and the mule deer print really is "love"-ly!

packrat said...

Thanks Dr. K and Scott. Whenever I look into the face of a Trickster I swear I can see its intelligence displayed there.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...