Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, September 4, 2015

Funny Sight, No Pic

Second consecutive cloudy day
Just as Becca and I were starting out this morning we saw a mountain biker heading our way.  It wasn't until he was nearly abreast of us that I realized he was riding a unicycle mountain bike.  Never saw one before.  The biker wore a helmet with a GoPro camera on the front.  I smiled big when he was beside us, and, being a good-natured guy he smiled back and said, "Good morning."  I did not have time to get my camera out or I would have photographed him.  If I see him again I'll certainly try to get a picture.
Reproductive material atop a Devil's Head

Hedgehog Cactus

Trailing Four O'Clock

Becca spots a bunny way up ahead

Further along the single-track

Looking for a place to "go"

Even further down the single-track

Dirt road around Tortugas

Heading back in

We got spit on by the sky, but only a little

Getting closer to the Tortoise

Mr. Tacoma parks his truck near the mountain

Mr. Tacoma makes rapid progress up Tortugas

He's a very fast walker

Yucca in red dirt

Organ Mountains

3 comments:

Scott said...

I can hardly imagine how a mountain unicycle would work. Sounds really dangerous and precarious.

Dr. K said...

That guy must have had a great sense of balance.

packrat said...

I can picture a mountain-bike unicycle on a level surface (because I witnessed it), but I can't imagine there'd be any kind of leverage going up a steep incline.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...