Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, September 28, 2015

Nothing to See Here

Trying to imagine a scenario for this find (who's flossing while hiking?)
This morning's hike was pretty uneventful.  Fortunately the temperature was still cool; but we're headed for a high of 96 F--amazingly hot for this time of year.  It looks like we'll be in the nineties for the remainder of the week.  I knew we'd have another heatwave before fall really got into swing, but I didn't think it would be this brutal.  I'm calling it a result of global climate change even if I can't prove it.

Last image here:  my failed attempt at a time-lapse photo of last night's super blood moon.
Not into the sun yet

Full sun now

Single-track into the low desert

This fleeing Jackrabbit . . .

. . . is what Becca is staring at here

Driving to the top


4 comments:

Dr. K said...

I think that's a beautiful image of the super blood moon.

packrat said...

Thanks, Dr. K. :)

Scott said...

Packrat: Any view of the "blood moon" you got would have been better than what we were able to see, since we were under a blanket of thick clouds and missed the whole thing altogether.

packrat said...

That's a shame, Scott, because it was quite a sight to see.

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...