Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, September 21, 2015

Tropical Depression Sixteen-E

Thanks to Tropical Depression Sixteen-E we're under the threat of heavy rain and flash flooding in the desert Southwest for the next two days.  Due to an all-day rain event a few days ago the desert floor is already partially saturated, and heavy rain can easily lead to heavy flooding here.  While we need the rain desperately we obviously hope to avoid disaster.  After Becca and I returned from our morning hike I got up on our roof to make sure that everything up there was ship-shape in order to weather heavy downpours.  We'll see how it goes.







3 comments:

Scott said...

I noticed in our newspaper (I check every morning) that there were thunderstorms forecast for your part of New Mexico. I didn't know the origin (there was no frontal boundary shown), but now I know. Good luck!

Dr. K said...

Let's hope we aren't in a flood-or-drought mode.

packrat said...

Thanks, Scott.:)

Friday Free-For-All

Soaptree Yucca at the side of LDR-A We got an early start this morning, but not as early as the Basset people and their hounds who we spotte...