Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, February 5, 2016

Battered by the Wind

Sunlight bathing Tortugas's west side
Even though it was 22F this morning when Becca and I hit the trail west of Tortugas Mountain, I suspect it would have felt quite comfortable in the abundant sunshine.  Unfortunately, the wind hadn't abated at all from yesterday and, at times, was gusting even harder.  Doing an entire hike while being buffeted by a stiff wind is really exhausting, and by the time Becca and I got home I felt like we had trekked twice as far as we actually had.  Becca, surprisingly, looked as if she could hike the entire route a few extra times.
Round mound of Hedgehog Cactus

Eager to continue

Ocotillo and Organ Mountains

Flank of Tortugas and the Organs

Purple mountains' majesty

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I don't envy you hiking in this weather, Packrat. On mornings like this one, I usually just stay indoors.

Early Early Hike

Old Soaptree Yucca seed pod Because I had a 10 a.m. doctor's appointment today Dr. K, Willow and I got a very early start on our trek:  ...