Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Nearly Brutal

Old Torrey Yucca west of Tortugas Mountain
Even though it was warmer this morning than yesterday--22F vs 15F--it felt much worse out in the desert west of Tortugas Mountain because of a stiff, persistent cutting wind that didn't diminish one increment the entire time we were out there.  As a result I had to abbreviate the hike significantly in order to keep from freezing my cojones off.  Even Becca seemed slightly disturbed by the velocity (and ferocity) of the wind, and she almost seemed eager to get back to our car.  I know I was.
One way up the slope

Bands of shadow and light

Slogging through high wind

Cactus garden in the high foothills

Heading northwest on a dirt road

Heading back toward the mountains

On a gentle slope

Crossing back into the foothills

This yucca looks like it flipped over in the wind, but it didn't

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

That is a very topsy-turvy yucca.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...