Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Abbreviated Outing

Across the Farm & Ranch museum (barn) and part of Las Cruces to Picacho
There's not much to say about my morning hike:  I got started early; it was cold and windy; the sun never made an appearance; and I cut the trek way short--under an hour because I didn't want to expose myself to the above-mentioned conditions for a prolonged period of time.  That is all.
Single-track along the west side of the mountain

West of the single-track is the arroyo beside Tortugas Mountain

In a different arroyo

Trail up the mountain's west side

Left to right:  Ocotillos, Torrey Yucca, Soaptree Yucca

Hedgehog Cactus

There's somebody climbing the switchback trail.  See him?

Organ Mountains and the flank of Tortugas at far eight

The road home

Crouton!

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the photo you called "The Road Home." Not a good weather day for a hike.

Bad Day All Around

Rest in peace, best male heeler ever.  Our beloved Frio The first thing we did this morning was to take Frio to the vet to put him out of hi...