Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, January 19, 2020

An Upper Sierra Vista Trail Trek

This and the next 7:  Sierra Vista Trail near Soledad Rocks
Dr. K and I hit the Sierra Vista Trail (Norte) at 8:10 this morning and did a hike of two hours and twenty minutes.  The weather was beautiful, and midway through the trek we had to stop to remove items of outerwear.

There were other outdoor enthusiasts enjoying nature in the high desert, but we only crossed paths with three men, one a mountain biker; and we saw a guy in the distance hiking with his two dogs.

I felt pretty tired during the last third of our hike, and I attribute it to having slept really soundly last night.  I'm not sure of the dynamics involved, but I frequently experience this phenomenon after a "hard" sleep; I often feel better the next day after a "fitful" sleep.  That makes no sense at all, I know.







This and the next:  heading north on the Sierra Vista Trail


This and the next 2:  on the trail near Black Mountain



What Trump and the Republicans need to do

Texas Rainbow Hedgehog (Echinocereus dasyacanthus)


The lone Sotol

This and the next:  count the Barrel Cacti


1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Nice photos of the desert floor with all of those barrel cacti. I don't really know why there are so many barrel cacti on this trail, but I enjoy seeing them.

Bad Day All Around

Rest in peace, best male heeler ever.  Our beloved Frio The first thing we did this morning was to take Frio to the vet to put him out of hi...