Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Decidedly Worse Than Yesterday

Trail to the sun
Froze my keister off out there this morning; in fact, as I was hiking up the single-track heading home I looked back and saw the poor nearly fatless thing sitting forlornly in the middle of the trail.

Seriously, Weather.com gave me bum information this morning, detailing sunny conditions and a lack of wind.  The sunny bit was right, but the cold wind was brutal.  As a result I only took 12 photos while trekking; fortunately several were of the beautiful Cooper's Hawk perched on an old yucca.

I went straight from a short, cold hike to Target and Albertsons to do my weekly shopping; at least it was warm in those two establishments.
Heading south on the trail along the western flank of Tortugas

Sizeable yuccas

This and the next:  Cooper's Hawk


Large Torrey Yuccas and a couple Ocotillos


1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Nice photos of the Cooper's hawk. What a beautiful creature.

Bad Day All Around

Rest in peace, best male heeler ever.  Our beloved Frio The first thing we did this morning was to take Frio to the vet to put him out of hi...