Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Abbreviated Late Hike

This and the next 3:  favorite sandy spot
Because of an early morning doctor's appointment I wasn't able to get on the trail until after 11; just as I started off I ran into my pal Jimmy who was just finishing up.  We talked for a short while.  I started my trek at 11:15 and ended just before noon.

Even though the sun shone brightly I wore my Marmot PreCip jacket because of a stiff breeze.  About midway through I had to zip down the armpit zippers to stay cool.  Worked perfectly.

There were other hikers on and about the mountain, but I ran into only one guy when I was almost done.  He was wearing shorts and a short-sleeve shirt.  It had warmed up that much in a short period of time.  On our way to 60F today.



Polehenge

Tortugas Mountain Observatory

West side of the mountain

North flank of Tortugas with the Organs peeking above

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like "Polehenge."

Bad Day All Around

Rest in peace, best male heeler ever.  Our beloved Frio The first thing we did this morning was to take Frio to the vet to put him out of hi...